Saturday, March 29, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Over the past few weeks as more and more people have been bookmarking this site I have been getting several requests for a BBQ top ten list that ranks them in order. So here they go, this time in order along with the most over rated/ worst BBQ in town.
1. Gates - There isn't even a close 2nd. Items to order: Short ends, fries, beans.
2. Oklahoma Joes - Best Pork & Fries in town. Items to order: Pulled pork, fries, beans, coleslaw. They also make a pretty decent chili
3. Bryants - Best meat in town - sauce is different Items to order: Burnt ends & Fries. Beans are just ok
4. LC's - Legend
5. Woodyard BBQ - Nothing is bad here and it is CHEAP
6. Jack Stack - Getting a little to fancy for a BBQ place but still the best sausage and beans in town.
7. Quicks BBQ - Legend
8. B.B.'s Lawnside - Great food, terrible location
9. Famous Dave's - It is sad that a National chain beats out many of our local places
10. ADAMS RIB - This is a new joint(2009) off of 87th street. AWESOME food.
On the bubble
Filling station BBQ, Johnny's Hickory house, KC Masterpiece, Wyandotte, Stonewall, Danny Edwards, Smoke stack, Stillwell Station
MOST OVER RATED BBQ IN TOWN
1. Smokehouse - Terrible sauce that drowns out the flavor of the meat.
2. Big Bubbas - I went back to give these guys a 3rd chance and was completely underwhelmed. If you are in Olathe GO TO Johnny's BBQ, it is your only safe bet besides Oklahoma Joes.
3. Rosedale - The meat there is terrible but they have incredible fries
4. Smokin Joes - Another Olathe crap house but once again they have incredible fries.
5. 135th street BBQ - This might be the worst on the list.
6. Haywards - I have had deli meat that tasted more like BBQ than this place.
7. Brobecks - Getting better but not quite there. Another 6 months and the smokers will be up to the challenge.
The above mentioned 7 places are a complete waste of money when you compare them to the other choices out there.