Tuesday, July 15, 2008
SHOOTING ODDS IN THE METRO
After 10 months of tracking metro crime I feel that I am qualified to start putting up some vegas style odds for shootings on a nightly basis in the metro area. Some of you might think that it is just a random number thrown out by me, but you are wrong. You have to study the "game", understand the players and the conditions.
Here are some(but not all) factors that I will be utilizing to create these odds.
1. Temperature - This is a nobrainer. The hotter it gets the more violent it gets.
2. Time of the Month - The further away from the 1st or 15th you are the more likely there is to be an armed robbery.
3. The headlines - If there is a drive by one night there is a good chance for retaliation the next night.
4. Concerts - If there is a Bay Area rapper having a concert in town, there will be a shooting.
5. Arrest made - Anytime the local police take down an alleged kinpin there will be a battle for that top spot.
TODAYS LINE IS : 2
AND OF COURSE THE MEDIA STILL IGNORES THE GANG PROBLEM IN KC.