For the past 3 years I have been lobbying to get the Blue Valley region of Overland Park to succeed from the union. Those outside of the area can't see the difference and think that my idea has no merit, I get it, most of them would die to have what Overland Park has and can't imagine doing better (this gives Blue Valley residents a nice cushion from Missouri transplants looking to better themselves by moving to Kansas).
1 Overland Park Resident- Sams Club vs. Blue Valley - Costco
2. Overland Park Residents - Hy-Vee vs. Blue Valley - Hen House
3. Overland Park Residents - Aldi vs. Blue Valley - Trader Joes
4. Overland Park Residents- Price Chopper Card vs. Blue Valley - Gold Card
5. Overland Park - Shawnee Mission (once great schools) vs. Blue Valley - BVSD (great schools)
6. Overland Park - Government Housing in apartments vs. Blue Valley - Amli Apartments
7. Overland Park - 69 Highway (trashy name) vs. Blue Valley - Blue Valley Parkway
8. Overland Park - Metcalf South vs. Blue Valley - 5 brand new shopping areas
9. Overland Park - Blighted strip malls vs. Blue Valley - Town Center
10. Overland Park - Close to Wyco vs. Blue Valley - Close to Stillwell
11. Overland Park - Payday Loan business's everywhere vs. Blue Valley - 2 Cash for Gold Stores
12. Overland Park - Restaurant's closing and left empty vs. Blue Valley - New Restaurants every month.
13. Overland Park - Soccer Goals set up in farm fields vs. Blue Valley - World Class soccer complex.
14. Overland Park - Antioch Park vs. Blue Valley - Deanna Rose
15. Overland Park - Old buildings made into community centers vs. Blue Valley - Community Centers rival gyms that cost a ton to join monthly.
16. Overland Park - Personal Property blight on the rise vs. Blue Valley - Strong home owners associations that prevent blight.
17. Overland Park - Full of old people that can't drive vs. Blue Valley - Full of kids driving BMW's that can't drive (ok, both options suck there).
I will stop here because I could keep going for quite awhile and I think my point has been proven.