Thursday, November 15, 2007
THINGS OF NOTE
1. The xbox360 might be the greatest gaming system ever made. It is easy to use, games are affordable and plentiful and the online play is fast.
2. The cold air is crippling me. It seems that any progress that I made health wise over the summer has been pushed back. I am back to taking pain medicine and using biofreeze. Is there nothing that can be done to help me?
3. When is this road construction going to end? It is suppose to start wrapping up once it hits November yet it seems that the keep starting more and more projects. Here is an idea, FINISH SOMETHING, ANYTHING before starting more projects.
4. I ate at "In a Tub" yesterday for the first time and I couldn't believe that this little gem had slipped my radar for so long. If you are up North and looking for cheap Mexican fast food I suggest you give it a shot.
5. I put a disclaimer up on the blog today. It was something that I felt had to be done in order to maintain some sorta order in here. It isn't as if I have had a lot of negative comments (4 total). Most people that read this spot "get it". Others seem to have a hard time dealing with the fact that someone might have different views of the world than them and they look past the humor in which most of these posts are made. So that is the reason for the disclaimer. This place is suppose to be fun, not a ground for an open debate on social issues(start your own blog). If you would like to leave a comment or shoot me an email that is fine but know that if it is a negative comment it will not be published or responded to, same with emails. This is mostly in regards to anything political. If you have differing opinions on food, music, motorcycles, my rants they will be published.
6. Does anyone else think that a light rail system shooting down Metcalf from 151st street to Johnson Drive (North - South) and from State line to Woodland road on 119th street make sense?. If the other metro counties want to link up great but why are we waiting until KCMO come up with a plan that will stick?
7. The Girl Scout cookie shakedown has begun. I am already on the hook for 10 boxes from my bosses kid and god only knows how many my wife will order from her friends. I think that I will resell them on E Bay in June when people have run out of thin mints and need their fix.
8. On Veterans day I had one person say Happy Veterans day to me. Gee thanks. On a good note this blog is read by many troops serving overseas from this area and I have received some great emails from them.
9. My buddy just spent $700 on a pair of tickets for the MU/KU game. $700! If MU were to lose on Saturday to K State the game becomes a nonfactor. I couldn't imagine spending that much on two tickets to one event. I remember being able to get in for free at half time to KU football games. Thank you to all of you Bandwagon fans for driving up the price of the tickets.
10. LED - Zeppelin if finally available on I Tunes for purchase.
11. I have not watched one KU Basketball game yet this year. I find it hard to start watching college basketball in November unless it is a major preseason tournament. Watching KU destroy the likes of UMKC means nothing.
12. What do Indians do for Thanksgiving?
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)