Thursday, December 04, 2008
Would you rather save a homeless animal or a homeless person?
I ask this question because I have heard a lot of people lately saying that it is important for us to remember the homeless animals this time of year (it gets better). Taking these discussions to another level I have been asking them what it is that they do for homeless people and most of them have responded with "nothing".
Now anyone that reads this blog knows that I think that the homeless get exploited every Christmas by the media but that doesn't mean I think you should help them out. I also can't believe that there are people out there that rather save the life of a kitten over that of a human being.
Have you ever taken a step back and looked at all you have and wondered how far away from being that guy/gal you are? Most people take for granted that once they reach a certain income level/life style that they are there forever. However there are many of us who have made a lot of money but lost it due to the economy(2001-2002). Many of us have busted our asses to get back to that previous level and then some just so we don't end up there again. We got through those times with the help of family, friends, spouses and luck.
What if you have no family, friends, spouse and you have crappy luck? What if you saw people caring more about kittens and puppies than you and your family?
All that I am saying is that if you are going to help out those on four legs do it in addition to helping out those on two, not in place of it.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Remember the first time you saw a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup commercial on TV? Chocolate and Peanut Butter came together and there was that one guy that was a little skeptical about it until he tried it? Well keep that in mind as I announce a new initiative to solve the metros hunger problem for the homeless during the winter.
There is a story on KSHB's webiste that talks about the over population of deer in Shawnee Mission Park. The story gives out some ideas to curb the growth of the population but they all seem to be at the cost of the tax payers.
I say open up Shawnee Mission Park to the homeless for the winter and let them hunt the deer. Makes sense doesn't it? We can call it Hobo Hunting. Once the winter is over the homeless can go back to the overpass of their choice with as much Deer meat as they can carry. We could get companies such as Bass Pro Shop to sponsor the event by supplying tents and weapons so that there would be no cost to the tax payers. It seems to me that the only losers in this arrangement would be the deer.
Monday, November 24, 2008
promo on the radio regarding a "new" class of homeless people hitting the local shelters. I have no idea what it is that this means but what I got out of the promo was that this was an elite crop of homeless people.
Journalism in this town has gotten awfully lazy if this is the type of mindless predictable reporting that we can count on. Instead of exploiting the poor homeless bastards at the shelters for ratings how about you get off your lazy ass and investigate the local crime problem. Interview some drug dealers, people that live in the projects occupied by gang bangers etc..
Sunday, November 09, 2008
It is a fact that the media and politicians only care about homeless people during election years and 2 months a year (November and December). So be prepared to start reading tear jerking tales of whino bob and his lab braving the cold streets of KCMO searching for $15 to get his next heroin fix.
Or you could have a party to "Celebrate Homeless", like these morons are doing. Couldn't they just collect the money and distribute it without this fanfare of trips and ticket giveaways?
These parties are just ways for KCMO's elite to demonstrate to their friend that they care.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
1. Homeless in KCMO take murder to a new level. So far this year we have had shootings, stabbings, drownings and burnings but this could be the first "Chain Battle" of the year. While 18th & Vine is getting a new parking lot & Ollie Gates is getting his new tax free zone, these two guys were fighting over where to set up their box on Trolley Trail.
2. I can't believe that the local news even covered this story. The guy is still alive and nobody got hurt....must of been a slow day. Showdown on Troost.
3. This is straight out of the movie Deliverance. I always wondered why they were called the Packers.
4. The battle of two evils. The KCMO School Board vs. The teachers union. Regardless of who wins this battle the kids will still are the ones that get the loss.
5. Anytime cyclist get injured they make the blog. This time a power line fell(prob a trap set by angry motorist) on this hobbyist. There are no power lines on trails...
6. What does Jesse want to do with Obamas nuts once he cuts them off?
7. Apparently using the term "black hole" is now racist. If you use this term in the future you are at risk of being black listed.....
8. He died for the Polar bear.
9. Which wife is his emergency contact?
Monday, June 23, 2008
1. The PR department at the KC Zoo is almost as bad as the zoo itself. This is the crappiest promo I have ever seen. Thank god JOCO has Deanna Rose
2. Anytime that government jobs are cut, it is a good thing. Congratulations to the people of Olathe! I doubt that you will notice a difference yet you will be saving close to a million dollars.
3. Natural Selection fails in Salina.
4. Phil Kline wins one.
5. "Whiners" -LA Homeless guy living in a box
6. Arkansas will never shed its hillbilly reputation if stories like this continue to come out.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
1. Kansas liberals in favor of harboring illegals just cost the state a million dollars for their arrogance.
2. Metal theft vs. Drive By shootings - KCMO police department decides to tackle metal thieves.
3. Get pregnant pact amongst HS girls includes sleeping with homeless people to get knocked up.
4. Aussies are fatter than Americans.
5. KCMO Woman attacked in her home.
6. SUN publications continues to attack smokers. I am just glad that newspapers aren't bias....
7. Does a chick you slept with a year ago have a kid that looks like you? Daddy Tests are now available in your local drug store.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
1. Robbery is yet another job skill that KC homeless lack.
2. Is a tax increase on gas in the future for Missouri residents?
3. JOCO churches are flush in cash so it is no surprise that local burglars have started targeting them.
4. Is working at a Water Park a job that Americans wont do?
5. This town HAD a ban on Bikinis at the public pool? Kanab City Utah might be the most backward ass city in the United States ("natural-family resolution")
6. PETA is going to be pissed when they hear about the chicken genocide in Hong Kong.
7. Hillary Clinton is thanking god this morning that she isn't in Zimbabwe.
8. Awesome! 220lb 7 year old kid......
Monday, February 18, 2008
When kids with homes pretend to be homeless they make fools of themselves and make a joke out of being homelss. This is the ULTIMATE LIBERAL IDEA! All show and no substance. If you really want to help the homeless then get off your lazy ass and go to where the problem is. Last time I checked there weren't a lot of homeless people in Paola and definitely not on the high school football field For each one of these dumb ass Paola kids "camping" there are 5 homeless kids ready to kick their ass's.
Don't blame the kids, blame the teachers that put this scheme together.