Wednesday, October 31, 2007
There is a story that has long been overlooked in the metro that is finally getting some attention regarding area schools and their dropout rates. Take a bow KCMO & KCK school districts for achieving these amazing numbers.
Southeast - 60% of the kids drop
Southwest Charter - 55% of the kids drop
Van Horn - Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner 66% drop
Central High - 58% drop
Harmon - 40% drop
Wyandotte - 56% drop
You almost have to try to be bad to hit these numbers
A group of metro area orthodontists is offering a candy buy-back after Halloween.Orthodontists involved in Smiles Change Lives, a nonprofit organization that delivers medically-necessary orthodontic treatment to children from low-income families, are recognizing National Orthodontic Awareness Month by buying back kids' holiday loot for cash or other prizes.
So here is the scam.
1. Outsource your Trick or Treating to a bunch of illegal alien kids (if it works for farmers it can work for you too).
2. Pay them one piece of candy for every 5 that they gather.
3. Take the collected candy back to the orthodontist and collect tax free cash.
This is a no brainer.
I don't think anyone is going to top this guy so I am safe in putting this up on Wednesday. Warren Buffett said that he SHOULD pay more in taxes yesterday in a press conference. Thanks Warren, I am glad that you say that NOW after you have made your billions and all of your money is protected in offshore accounts and investments that you come out and say that. Nothing makes me feel better than sending 40% of my pay to the government.
I would like to ask Warren one question. How are the rest of us suppose to achieve financial wealth in the current system? If this jackass wants to pay more in taxes then he can move to Canada.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Hillary has now turned the war machine on her rivals in the socialist party and is attacking them for questioning her qualifications and her checkered past. Her fellow communist need to remember the famous last words of Vince Foster("Please don't kill me") and proceed with caution.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007 By Catherine Donaldson-Evansfox news
Parents in Connecticut might be the ones getting the report cards if a proposed plan makes the grade at a Manchester public school district.
Steven Edwards, a Republican member of the Manchester Board of Education who’s up for re-election Nov. 6, wants parents to be evaluated on a handful of what he says are objective measures — including whether their children have done the homework and eaten a good breakfast.
"I tried to design something modest [measuring] things that virtually everybody would agree parents should do to help their kids," Edwards said. "We don't have our staff making any subjective evaluations."
The idea has angered parents, and the local PTA vows to fight the plan.
This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Teachers can barely take care of themselves yet they are going to be grading parents? I can not believe that it is a Republican that is pushing this through.
1. Craig's visit has come and gone. A few hours spread out over a couple of days are not enough to get caught up after 2 years but we had a good time. He took full advantage of our weak dollar and is going to need another suitcase to haul his loot back home. Hopefully it doesn't take 2 years for him to visit again.
2. The BBQ Saturday Night went off without a hitch and the food turned out better than I expected especially considering my attentions were split. I believe I am one batch of Ribs away before I can consider them competition ready. The trick is getting them out of the smoke and into the foil at just the right time.
3. My sister Wendy made some great caramel apples that might of been the most unhealthy food item I have ever seen. You had to eat through 3 layers of sugar before you took your first bite of apple.
4. Boston won the World Series! Living in KC you have to have other teams to cheer for and being a Celtics fan my whole life I have always been a fan of all teams Boston (especially since I hate all teams in NY and Cali).
5. I am starting to believe that the Nintendo Wii doesn't exist. Why Nintendo has upped production to meet demand is beyond me. This is their one last chance to recapture a bulk share of the gaming market and yet you can't find one to buy.
6. Pizza Shoppee has now moved into my top 3 Pizza Places in town.
7. I will be spending most of my work week finalizing my Christmas list. Remember when these things were due at Thanksgiving? We haven't even carved pumpkins for Halloween yet and I am working on this thing.
8. Why is it that Time Warner Cable boxes no longer support the HDMI input? I hate Time Warner.
9. My brother and sister are in a race to get my old BROKEN recliner. I hope they plan on moving out before Thanksgiving because that thing has to go before we get our Christmas tree.
10. Kerry was sick all weekend. I am writing this down because she always tells me that she NEVER gets sick. I think I nursed her back to health yesterday because she felt "better" today.
Looking for that special holiday gift for your garbageman? Trying to select a vintage for the neighborhood drug runner? Looking for something special for the gang bangers on your block? Well here is the perfect site for you.
This site helps you pick out that special wine to send out this season for those hard to shop for people on your holiday list.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
I laughed when I saw the shocked look on the interviewers face when he left. The journalist in this country feel like they are above everyone in the world and have a holier than thou attitude. The new leader of France is aware of this and the liberal bias that our journalist have and basically told her to F off. Had this leader of been antiamerican then they would of treated that interview completely different.
I am not sure how to take this story.
1. The less time they spend trying to turn our country into something Karl Marx would be proud of the better.
2. Are they going to keep their pay the same? Don't we all wish that we could just cut our own hours with the same pay to spend time with our families. This action is nothing more that a flat out robbery of our tax dollars that are used to pay their salaries, flights and living expenses.
I don't want to hear another Democrat in office complain about the direction of our country, the tax system and entitlements. This is great work ethic.
ALL OF THIS THE SAME WEEK THEY SAY THEY ARE GOING TO RAISE TAXES!
Thursday, October 25, 2007
How in the hell are they going to be able to choose ONE family in that county? The family that wins better request an Oceans 11 type of alarm system because they will have a huge bullseye on them.
If they were smart they could save travel cost and do an extreme county makeover (excluding the village west) to finish the season.
An economic indicator that often goes over looked is the crap factor. We all look at what the fed is doing to rates, how many new homes are being built, what the unemployment rate is and of course gas prices (why, I have no idea). The Royals have added a new factor to the equation.
The Royals who haven't made it to the post season in over 20 years, have had several 100 loss seasons, just had a ton of money sent to them from the fans for stadium renovations, constantly trade away our good players in exchange for "prospects" and finished in last place yet again last year are raising ticket prices. Typically the prices of tickets go up once a team has a great season and demand increases or if it is hard to get a seat due to the size of the stadium not meeting the demand for people wanting to attend. If you attended any game this year or even watched one on TV you could clearly see that the stadium was always at least half empty and the team finished in last place yet again, below .500 yet again and were one of the worst teams in baseball, yet again.Yet the great businessmen that run the Royals and Wal-Mart said lets raise tickets 15%.
About a month ago I was working with a Royals Lancer to "prepurchase" season tickets through my company. He gave me a price quote but said that it probably go up a little bit once new ticket prices came out. The guy called me three times a day and pushed me to make a decision right away. I now know why. I would of ended up paying almost 4k more than what I thought I was going to pay had I pulled the trigger.
This morning I called my season ticket rep and told him that I would pass and told him to call me once they finish above .500. David Glass continues to be the biggest joke of an owner in sports.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
A BARMAID has been fined for crushing beer cans between her bare breasts while an off-duty colleague has been fined for hanging spoons from her friend's nipples, Westrern Australia police said today.
This is a very disturbing enough visual with out me putting up any pictures.
This is a very disturbing enough visual with out me putting up any pictures.
This weekend we have a visitor coming in from London for a couple of days so we are having one more BBQ.
1. BBQ Wings - Mild
2. Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
3. Spiced Pickles
4. Cheese & Cracker Spread
1. BBQ Ribs - 4 slabs (cooked with Hickory wood using a Memphis style rub and sauce)
2. Pulled Pork - 10lbs (cooked with Hickory & Apple wood using a Carolina rub and Texas sauce)
3. Smoked Sausage - 5lbs roll (cooked with Hickory wood using a KC rub and KC sauce)
4. Turkey Legs (cooked with Hickory and Apple)
5. Italian Sausage
5. Burgers for the kids and lunch
1. Beer Cheese Potatoes
2. BBQ Beans
4. White Bread
I am going to be trying something different on the Ribs that I hope will be a hit.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
"the devil is not going to steal ORU." I am glad we got some clarification on this but what is next for the Devil?
If you were looking to buy a house and one of them came with a disclaimer that it would catch on fire once a year, would you purchase that house? Shouldn't the same rule apply for floods? With all the $$$ that the government gave out to relocate these people I feel no pity for those that moved back and are faced with flooding.
Finally something to make my Topeka trips less stressful."simply assemble the cardboard toilet bowl, fit a water-absorbent sheet inside and draw round the curtain"
How slow do your motor skills need to be to get hit by a train? They aren't small. They aren't quiet. They don't travel outside of tracks. Every year we lose at least a half dozen people in this city from the Silent Killer, Freight Train.
A friendly reminder to clean your freezers.
Monday, October 22, 2007
YOU ARE SCREWED.
This keeps getting funnier and funnier. The NAACP is still coming to KC. The La Raza group has got to be rethinking its leadership right about now.
1. They back themselves into a corner that they couldn't get out of. They thought for sure that Mayor Funkhouser would bow to their blackmail and it would never reach this point. WRONG
2. They thought that the city would turn on the Mayor. Once again, wrong.
3. They thought that the NAACP would back them. Wrong.
4. They are moving the convention to San Diego of all places. If your stance on moving the convention is because of this Semler gals membership to the Minutemen then why in the hell would you move your convention to a city that HAS PATROLS for illegals. I lived there. The city of San Diego has been fighting illegal immigration long before it became a hot topic.
5. San Diego is burning down.
1. Starting the weekend off with the flu is the best (Could of used a flu shot). This ruined all weekend activities for me which included motorcycle riding, lawn mowing, maple leaf festival and taking the family out to dinner on Saturday. The main fear of mine was letting the girls down. I had promised them on Thursday that while Kerry was teaching her class on Sunday that I would take them to Power Play or as they refer to it "Fun World". It was painful but I was able to deliver on my promise however today I am paying the price.
2. People that blog really let me down this weekend. Is there some Union that I do not know about that says blogging is a Monday - Friday job?
3. I watched transformers last night and loved the movie but as I watched it I kept on thinking of how good it would sound in surround sound (which I don't have). The only way to go with surround sound is wireless and I still can not find an affordable system so until then I will suffer like the pioneers before me.
4. New neighbors moved in on Saturday next to the neighborhood crack house. Lucky for them the people that lived there before never took down the Christmas lights.
5. I have begun research into turkey smoking and plan on giving it a go sometime this fall. The new Weber is the perfect smoker for this.
6. The lazy bastards that live around me refuse to mow the grass in the island on our street. From what I know 3-4 houses are suppose to switch off mowing it every week (that is once a month for you KCMO school grads) yet they let it get out of hand. So once it dries out and I feel better I am going to have to walk down the street and cut it AGAIN.
7. For some reason my blog seems to be a big hit in Europe. I am averaging close to 100 hits per week from Europe. I am assuming that it is mostly from military bases overseas.
8. Every time I pick out a Halloween costume for my wife she rolls her eyes.
9. I found out that the Don Bosco center accepts money from La Raza so I will need to find a new charity to donate to this holiday season.
10. I have come to the conclusion that I will never be satisfied with 2 things. 1. My TV will never have a clear enough picture. 2. My computer will never be fast enough.
I didn't post anything about his return because I didn't want to jinx it ( I am very superstitious when it comes to sports & sales) but it was great seeing #31 run into the huddle on Sunday. He adds a dimension that LJ can't/wont and should help the Chiefs make a serious playoff push (if the offensive line doesn't get him and Huard killed).
Here is some reaction about his return and his game yesterday.
Kansas City Red Star article
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Wild monkeys attacked a senior government official who then fell from a balcony at his home and died Sunday, media reported.
read more | digg story
I didn't think anything would top the Amish driving story and then 4 minutes later comes this gem.
A van carrying Amish on an interstate highway veered out of control, overturned and ejected some passengers Sunday, killing five people and injuring 11, authorities said.
read more | digg story
I didn't think that Amish drove? Then again I guess they don't.
PHOENIX — Police raided a drop house for illegal immigrants and discovered several, including a pregnant woman, whose handlers had beaten and tortured them, authorities said. Police took 54 people into custody after the raid Friday, including four children and seven suspected smugglers.
VIVA LARAZA! I am expecting La Raza to boycott Mexico next.
So if Hillary's allies are going to start ripping Rudy for leaving his wife for another woman then what about the Clintons? Hillary Clinton's camp prob should avoid any discussions regarding marriage, honesty, celibacy, ethics, crime, lies, murder, impeachment, blackmail, ugly children, real estate, pets, dinner, lawn care etc...
KU continued their march towards the BIG 12 title yesterday in an easy victory over Colorado. This game was never in doubt and in the 2nd half the KU offense toyed with the Colorado Defense.
Oh yeah K STATE LOST ANOTHER ONE! "The Golden Boy" Josh Freeman continues to live in the shadow of Todd Reesing. If you listened to the hype by their local cheerleader Kevin Kietzman you would of thought going into the year that K State was a sure contender for the Big 12 North. at 4-3 they now have to fight just to get a bowl invite.
Nebraska (also suppose to win the north) got it handed to them by one of the worst teams in the conference. Nothing brings more joy that hearing the all might Husker fans complain about scores being run up against them. Nebraska can't even use the "we are a basketball school" excuse. It is going to be a cold winter up north.
La Raza "the race" has voted to pull its convention from Kansas City, thank god. Let these crybaby racist take there convention somewhere else. The $5 million dollars (not much as far as conventions go) wasn't enough to blackmail the mayor into firing Semler. In fact the head of the Kansas City Conventions stated that they could easily make up that money within the next 6 months.
In an ironic twist(if anyone knows anything about black & hispanic race relations) the NAACP is suppose to make a decision on their 2010 convention in Kansas City.
I think its funny how the people that were going to benefit from this the most (the hispanics) pushed this to the point of no return.